Tuesday, February 2, 2010




Well, today we made Milk Chocolate Mini Bundt Cakes which was selected by Kristin of I'm right about everything. I had some Guittard milk chocolate chips left over from the summer. When I poured them out of the bag, I noticed that the chocolate had bloomed but none the less, still good. I must've not realized that there was some water in the glass pyrex cup I used to melt the chocolate because the whole batch seized up! What a waste!!! I eventually went out to the grocery store and picked up a bag of Ghiradelli chocolate chips. Oh well. Again, another late night baking, but ya know what? It was worth it! El Yum-O! I've had a mini bundt pan for a couple of years but never used it. I sure wish I had used cooking spray to prep the pans vs. butter. They didn't come out of the pan very easily, but I prevailed. I used again, Ghiradelli chips to make the glaze topping. I think I figured out why the glaze doesn't flow for so many, including myself. In Dorie's recipe, she says to finely chop chocolate, aka a chocolate bar with a decent amount of cocoa butter, aka Callebaut, etc. Or as some may have done - add a drop of oil. So, I spread my chocolate on top of the bundts and this worked just fine for me. This mini bundt cake was a lovely treat and I hope I can bring myself to share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment