Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Best Chocolate Chip Cookies!







Today's baked goody was chosen by Kait of Kait's Plate. Her selection was My Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. I have to say, I was really worried about making these cookies after reading the many disappointments from other bakers. I reviewed many other recipes and techniques for this classic cookie. Even though I agreed with some that Cook's Illustrated does make a fabulous cookie, I was willing to give Dorie's a try without fiddling with the original recipe. I decided to add the espresso powder into these cookies to try a little something different. I had no regrets. These cookies came out with a little crunch on the edges and lots of chew in the middle. Although they were somewhat thin, they had a character all their own worth a big cheer! I used Jacques Torres 72% dark chocolate. His chocolate comes in bags of pistoles. I weighed out the entire 12 ozs. and once I started chopping I used a little bit more than half of it. This was plenty for me!!! Boy, these make a lot of cookies! I made two dozen cookies and scooped and froze the rest which resulted in another 30 cookies. Espresso cookies are for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment