Tuesday, June 1, 2010

White Chocolate Brownie




I was really looking forward to this week's baking selection which was chosen by Marthe of Culinary Delights until I baked it, and then I cut, and then I tasted it ... not a happening dessert here!



It just didn't appear done. My meringue was nice and brown and I baked it an additional 15 minutes. Still, it was very wet in the middle and not pleasant to behold. I went back to the picture in Dorie's book and if you look at it closely, hers does have a wet texture as well. With this being the case, I don't think the word "brownie" was the best way to describe this treat. As someone else said, it's like a lemon bar. Has anyone got a new name for this dessert?



With all this being said, the orange, raspberries and meringue captured wonderful flavors. Unfortunately, I had my heart set on a yummy brownie.

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't feeling the "brownie" here either. I think the recipe might have potential if it was redone somehow.

    Good news is... there's always next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, definetely not a brownie!! Tia's suggestion for a name sounds good to me, but doesn't work if you leave out the lemon like I did on my second attempt

    ReplyDelete