Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Burnt Sugar Ice Cream


Oh how I wish I started this ice cream yesterday. All I can do is watch, stir and wait. I borrowed an ice cream maker from my sister in law, but it's one that requires rock salt and ice cubes. I wasn't quite feeling that! After seeing the post for Dave Liebowitz and his handmade method, I figured I'd give this one a try. This recipe comes to us by way of Peggy of Project Domestication.


I've never made ice cream before, but this was pretty easy to put together. You do have to keep your eye on cooking that sugar though and after adding the eggs and reheating, that went pretty quickly to get it to the appropriate temperature.
It's so difficult to wait for what is sure to be a wonderful frozen treat. Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow. You're only a day away! More pictures to follow...


No comments:

Post a Comment